FBI - data privacy statement
Please note that this is a translation for information purposes only – in case of any discrepancies between this version and the German, the German version shall prevail. Only the German version is legally binding.
- FBI GmbH, Schwabenheimer Weg 62, 55543 Bad Kreuznach, Germany (hereafter FBI) provides an online service. Technical service is provided by mail.de GmbH, Münsterstraße 3, 33330 Gütersloh, Germany (hereafter mail.de) For more information on FBI GmbH and mail.de GmbH, see the about page.
- FBI takes data privacy seriously. Your data is collected in accordance with the legal provisions. For more information, see a website about data privacy such as http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/.
- The operator is obliged to observe the legal provisions on data privacy, in particular, the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the law on data protection for teleservices (German Telemedia Act, TMG).
- We collect, process and use your personal data without your further consent insofar as it is required to establish and fulfil the contract, as well as for billing purposes.
- The following basic data is generally required to establish and fulfil a contractual relationship: Name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, alternative e-mail address, mobile phone number, bank details and password. The data is collected via electronic order forms.
- Data is collected, processed and used to enable and bill usage of these services. Generally, the date, time and time zone for the start and end of the usage, the volume in bytes and the type of telemedia or telecommunication service used are recorded.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files that are saved on your computer and enable your usage of the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookie on your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will first shorten your IP address within the European Union member states or in other states that belong to the European Economic Area. The full IP address will only be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate the use of its website, to produce reports on the website activities and to provide the website operator with further services relating to website usage and internet usage. The IP address that is transferred from your browser as part of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data. You can prevent cookies being saved by making the appropriate setting in your browser software; however, we would like to advise you that you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent if you do this. Furthermore, you can prevent the data that is generated by the cookie and that relates to your usage of the website (including your IP address) being captured by Google and prevent Google processing this data by downloading the browser plug-in that is available from the following link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en) and installing it. For more information on the usage conditions and data privacy, see http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en. We would like to advise you that the code "gat._anonymizeIp();" has been added to the Google Analytics on this website to enable IP addresses to be captured anonymously (also known as IP masking).
- Social plugins ("plugins") from the social networks Facebook and Google+, as well as from the microblogging service, Twitter, are used on our website. These services are provided by Facebook Inc., Google Inc. and Twitter Inc. ("providers"). Facebook is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). For an overview of the Facebook plugins and how they look, see: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins Google+ is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). For an overview of the Google plugins and how they look, see: https://developers.google.com/+/web/ Twitter is operated by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103. For an overview of the Twitter buttons and how they look, see: https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons In order to protect your data further when visiting our website, the plugins are embedded into the site using the "2-click solution" from Heise Online. This embedding ensures that no connection is established to the Facebook, Google and Twitter servers at first when you call up a page on our website that contains these plugins. Your browser does not establish a direct connection to the Google, Facebook or Twitter servers until you have activated the plugins and therefore granted your permission for the data to be transferred. The content of the relevant plugin is then transferred directly to your browser from the corresponding provider and embedded in the page. By embedding the plugins, the providers receive the information that your browser has called the relevant page on our website even if you do not have a profile with the relevant provider or are not currently logged in. This information (including your IP address) is transferred directly from your browser to a server belonging to the relevant provider in the USA and is saved there. If you are logged in to one of the social networks, the provider can immediately assign your visit to our website to your profile on Facebook or Google+. If you interact with the plugins, e.g. press the "Like", the "+1" or the "Tweet" button, the appropriate information is also transferred directly to one of the providers' servers and saved there. Furthermore, the information is published in the social network or your Twitter account and displayed to your contacts there. For information on the purpose and scope of data collection, further processing and use of the data by the provider, as well as your rights and options for settings to protect your privacy in this regard, see the provider's data privacy statements. Facebook data privacy statements:https://www.facebook.com/policy.php, Google data privacy statements: https://developers.google.com/+/web/buttons-policy, Twitter data privacy statements:https://twitter.com/privacy. If you do not want Google, Facebook or Twitter to be able to immediately assign the data collected about or website to your profile in the applicable service, you must log out of the applicable service before activating the plugins.
- Billing data may be passed on to other service providers and third parties insofar as this is required to determine the fee and for invoicing. We are entitled to transfer the billing data to a third party that is commissioned to collect the fee insofar as this is required for this purpose.
- Your personal data will be encrypted (using SSL encryption) when it is transferred via the internet during the ordering process. Your IP address will be saved during the order process to prevent fraud. We take technical and organisational measures to safeguard our website and other systems to prevent your data being lost, destroyed, accessed, changed or processed by unauthorised people. You can only access your customer account after entering your personal password. You must always treat your access data as confidential and close your browser window once you have finished communicating with us. This is particularly important if you share the computer with others.
- In accordance with the provisions that are applicable for this, we are also entitled to pass on information to law enforcement agencies and courts for law enforcement purposes.
- According to the German Federal Data Protection Act, you have the right to obtain information on the data saved about you free of charge, as well as a right to have this data corrected, blocked or deleted if necessary. If you have any questions on how your personal data is collected, processed or used, if you require information on data or require data to be corrected, blocked or deleted, or if you wish to withdraw consent that you previously gave, please contact the aforementioned address.
- In accordance with the German Federal Data Protection Act, the following data protection officer is appointed
for FBI GmbH:
Prof. Dr. Thomas Jäschke
DATATREE AG | Heubesstraße 10 | 40597 Düsseldorf | E-Mail: email@example.com | Fax: +49 (0) 211 - 931 907 99
- This data privacy statement can be changed at any time as long as the applicable data protection regulations are adhered to. The edition that can be called up at the time of your visit always applies.